Last Updated on / Atualizado em
Test your Witchy knowledge about Imbolc Sabbat with this quiz! There are 10 questions for you!
You can also read all about the The Wheel of the Year and the 8 Sabbats if you wish.
Share to your friends to see if they can beat you!
- What does Imbolc Sabbat represent?
- When is Imboc celebrated?
- Which other name is attributed to Imbolc?
- Which Goddess is mainly celebrated in Imbolc?
- Which of the items below is related to Imbolc?
- What are the rituals of Imbolc for?
- Why are yellow and white associated to Imbolc?
- Between which Sabbats we have Imbolc?
- Which of these activities are common in Imbolc?
- Which is the commonest date for celebrating Imbolc in the Northern Hemisphere?
What does Imbolc Sabbat represent?
Imbolc is the period in which the Sun God is growing. He is being breastfed by the Goddess.
When is Imboc celebrated?
Imbolc happens right after the Winter Solstice. It is still cold.
Which other name is attributed to Imbolc?
After the Christianization process, Imbolc became Candlemass.
Which Goddess is mainly celebrated in Imbolc?
Brigid is linked to Imbolc. Her fire is kept lit and many offerings are made to her, including the confection of a Brigid Cross.
Milk and Honey are traditionally associated with Imbolc
What are the rituals of Imbolc for?
Firstly, we show gratitude for the rebirth of the Sun God. Then, we celebrate his growth and the idea of a renewed earth (Spring).
Why are yellow and white associated to Imbolc?
Yellow, or golden, is associated with honey and white with milk, the two main "ingredients" of Imbolc.
Between which Sabbats we have Imbolc?
In Yule the Sun God is reborn. Then, in Imbolc, he grows up. In Ostara, he is a young man.
Which of these activities are common in Imbolc?
Pouring milk and honey on the earth is a way of thanking the Goddess and asking for a fertile period to come.
Which is the commonest date for celebrating Imbolc in the Northern Hemisphere?
Imbolc happens around February 2nd in the Northern Hemisphere.
Share your Results:
I’m Daniel, Pagan and Witch. I created Santuário Lunar to help spreading the Goddess’s magic and her manifestations. I also created Trismegistia to offer pagan music with New Age style.